Questions and thoughts – Join the discussion below
- Given that Apple Pay transaction are getting Card Not Present rates, does that mean it is considered a Card Present transaction and that contactless payment transaction limits will not apply to Apple Pay?
- About banks joining Apple Pay: Maybe it’s not a matter of yes, or no (join or reject) but how. I have never liked a take it or leave it ultimatums – we definitely do not have any negotiating power as individuals, but is there something we could do as a group of banks. For example… improved security, equal playing field and different pricing (i.e., NOT a share of interchange) by equal playing field, I mean, equal access to the NFC antenna
- What are the fees for proximity and remote payments?
- In Spain we have a national payment framework, who integrates merchants, schemes and banks (Redsys). What should be integration model in Spain? What would be Redsys’s responsibility? Who grants in enrollment/buying process that only the owner of payment card can use it and enroll it? How does it work? And what security methods are applied? There is an integration within the issuer, Apple and Visa in enrollment process and buying process?
- Would the schemes/ networks be the defacto Token Service Providers or is there opportunity for issuers to play that role as well?
- Do we see Apple opening up Apple Pay and allowing issuers to integrate Pay with their wallets offerings eventually?
- Is there something stored in Apple personal account? Card Numbers?