Questions and thoughts – Join the discussion below
- Does anyone know, what role plays the EMV Tokenisation specification in the Apple Pay solution? I expect that Apple has a broad credit card data on their servers (secured by PCI). What do understand by Apple personal account? On the central server?
- Regarding Payments Directive, can European banks (being accountable on user authentication) just externalize the service to Apple and Apple use Touch ID to do it?
- Any news/details about the enrollment with the issuing bank? Issuer should authenticate cardholder and pass it to Apple OK/KO and Token + key material? We at BBVA have tokenized PAN to use with HCE regardless of whether it is debit or credit card.
- How is a user authenticated on Apple Pay? Is this via the Touch ID/Biometric functionality within the phone or would the user be required to utilise another form of authentication within the mobile such as passcode?
- Are there any payment limits built into Apple Pay? Is the NFC therefore not completely EMV compliant? Is touchID replacing PIN entry?
- Will the Acquirer have an option to set separate conditions for Apple Pay due to the no-PIN, but Biometric authentication? – does anyone know what the card schemes say?
- Does anyone have an idea of what credentials are being stored? Pseudo Pan, EMVCO Token, Dynamic CVV etc?