BBVA Wallet, the bank’s mobile payment app, has been downloaded more than 1 million times, less than two years after its launch. Already available in four countries, the app is also being launched this week in Turkey by Garanti Bank – in which BBVA has a nearly 40% stake – under the BonusFlas brand.
BBVA’s first global digital consumer product, Wallet is a proprietary mobile payments app, giving the customer control over their BBVA cards. It has a range of features, including:
- Allowing customers to make contactless payments with their smartphone from their choice of BBVA card.
- Turning cards on and off – for example, if you lose a card.
- Attaching cards to a particular type of transaction, for example, online shopping.
- Borrowing money within the app to fund a particular purchase.
- Sending customers a receipt as soon as they’ve completed a transaction, allowing them to keep track of their spending
BBVA Wallet also has benefits for retailers, allowing them to offer customers discounts at the point of sale.